At EDII the experiential learning is emphasized through Summer Internship and Projects.
During the first year, students are trained in the functional areas of Business, Marketing, Finance, Consulting, Economics, Organization Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Operations and Information Technology which orient them towards business culture. The course aims at moulding their work ethic and developing skills highly valued by the contemporary industry.
At the end of the first year, students are exposed to applied aspects of managing an enterprise through Summer Internship Placements. They are exposed to a real time business environment, and take up responsibilities and goals which aim at being mutually beneficial for both the students and the organization. It serves as a platform for applying the management theories learnt in the classroom and helps in providing clarity about business as a whole.
The Placement Cell facilitates interaction between students and the industry. Students are placed in different organizations preferably Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), as per their electives / area of interest, for a period of 8-10 weeks after completion of the first year.
The Summer Internship Project will include any or a mix of the following:
- Organizational Internship
- Family Business
- Business Opportunity Assessment and Industry Analysis
- Approved external training program or seminar relevant to business area.
- Start-up Ventures
- International Summer Internship
A Bankable Detailed Project Report (DPR) needs to be prepared by the participants with regard to their ventures after conducting a thorough market research and secondary data based research along with IT based applications. Participants of the Family Business Management specialisation alternatively can prepare a Five Year Prospective Plan (FYPP) for growth of their respective family firms. At the conclusion of the field study, students delivers a written business plan for a new venture or expansion of current business, which will include analysis of the market and industry in which the business will compete, a viable financial and organizational structure, risk assessment, a marketing strategy and as appropriate, explanation of an underlying technology, manufacturing process and service delivery system. The final project report is prepared in a competitive format and is assessed by panel of experts comprising of faculty, industry experts and bankers. A presentation cum viva-voce examination for the final report will then be organised. The DPRs/FYPPs can be submitted to IDBI Bank Ltd., Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank and other banks for working capital and term loan respectively for the venture.
Consistent with its commitment to student-directed learning, EDII offers a variety of independent study opportunities. Many academic departments offer independent research or reading courses. Students may also initiate, design, and execute independent study projects with the help of faculty advisors
Business simulations are used for business acumen training and development. It helps in engaging people so they can make decisions; deal with risk consequences as well as solve problems creates a rich learning environment. Learning objectives include: strategic thinking, financial analysis, market analysis, operations, teamwork and leadership. EDII provides the simulation experience on MikesBikes-Advanced business strategy and Sim Venture -A unique business plan simulation.
Eminent entrepreneurs from various industries are invited regularly to share their experiences with the students.
Few of the entrepreneurs and industry experts who enlightened the current batches by giving them insights about the prevailing situations in the industry and sharing their professional journey of entrepreneurship are:
- Shri Hiranmay Mahanta, CEO, I Hub,
- Shri Milap Singh Jadeja, Angel Investor, Founder, Iroller Capital,
- Shri Mitul Shah, Alumnus & Director, Supack Industries Pvt. Ltd,
- Ms. Nikita Maheshwari,Co-founder Tatkalorry.com,
- Shri Chiranjiv Patel, MD, P.C Snehal Group,
- Shri Rahul Bagchandani, CEO, GUSEC,
- Shri Kapil Tandon,Educator, Mentor & Consultant,
- Shri Bhavin Bhagat, Co-founder & CEO, IndiaBizForSale.com,
- Shri Manasvi Thapar, Shri Manasvi Thapar, Founder, Candour Legal, TEDx Speaker
- Shri Jay Merja, Founder, Muvrtech
- Shri Nirav Shah, NMS Group,
- Shri Nishank Shah, Director, Duro Green Waste Management Pvt Ltd,
- Shri Yash Rathi, Learning & Organization Development Specialist,
- Shri Harikishore S. ,IAS. Director, Industries & Commerce Dept., Govt. of Kerala,
- Dr. Mohal Lal Agarwal, Ex.Prof., IIM, Lucknow,
- Shri Arif Mohammad Khan, Governor of Kerala,
- Shri Manish Chhabra, Chairman - HRIPL ,
- Mr. Krishan Mishra, Country Head, International of Becker Professional Education,
- Shri Mansukh Prajapati, Owner of Mitticool,
- Shri Konark Gautam, MD Aliste Technologies,
- Shri Chiranjiv Patel, MD PC Snehal Group,
Apart from this students are also encouraged to participate or witness various events and seminars that are organized in Ahmedabad by prestigious institutions to give them maximum exposure of the current economic scenario and the developments that are taking place on a national and international level.
A guided industry visit is scheduled each trimester for the students. The aim of these visits is to help students to get the exposure of an actual working environment. A tour to various departments, plants etc. is scheduled and students are briefed about various operations, functions, maintenance of the unit.
- KHS Machinery Ltd.
- Sahajanand Laser Technologies Ltd
- Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Ltd
- Adani Port & Sez Ltd, Mundra
- Vadilal Industries Ltd
- Goa Start-up Incubators
- Goa Centre for Incubation and Business Acceleration
- Parikh Packaging Ltd
- Gateway Hotels
- Rimtex Industries Ltd
- Meghmani Organics etc.
Project Start-up Facilitation Grant
EDII provides small financial assistance for enabling deserving students in initiating/starting own ventures. Such support will be given to students who have feasible, viable, and impactful projects and who have progressed in implementing the project besides fulfilling other eligibility criteria. Preference will be given to women students and first generation entrepreneurs. Applications will be invited from students willing to avail the above fund. Students who submit applications will be required to present their proposals before the designated committee.
IDBI Bank to consider financing up to Rs.1 crore without Collaterals for viable projects taken up by EDII students under CGTMSE