From its own funds, EDII has established the ‘Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship Education and Development’ (CREED) and shoulders the responsibility of serving as a bridge between academia, and training and consultancy in the field of entrepreneurship. Committed to promote research in the field, CREED aims at serving asa bridge between theory and practice in the field of Entrepreneurship. It has a strong tradition of theoretical and applied, in-house and sponsored research.
Biennial Research Conferences on ‘Entrepreneurship’ are organized by the Institute, regularly since 1994, to provide a platform to researchers, academicians, planners and policy makers to come together to share their research findings and experiences that are of contemporary relevance and interest. In each conference about 250 academic papers are deliberated upon.
For the last two decades, the Institute has been publishing a prestigious and refereed bi-annual journal, the ‘Journal of Entrepreneurship’ (JoE), through Sage Publications which is rated as one of the top most journals in Entrepreneurship in the world.
The Centre also envisages to promote entrepreneurship by offering need based funding and academic assistance to researchers. The other research infrastructures on campus are mentioned below :
- EDII Library and Information Centre : EDII Library and Information Centre (EDILIC) is equipped with Books (31763), Journals (145), Bound Volumes of Journals – Back Issues (2732) CDROMs/DVD/s (3110) and Newspapers (25). It is an institutional member of IIM Ahmedabad, Indian Library Association (ILA), Indian Association of Special Libraries and Information Centres (IASLIC), Management Libraries Network (MANLIBNET) and The British Library, Ahmedabad. Apart from this, EDILIC regularly uses the services of the 11 Ahmedabad Library Network (ADINET) and Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET).
EDILIC is enriched with updated information resources on Entrepreneurship and related subjects. The library functions from 08:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. (midnight) on all seven days. The Wi-Fi enabled EDILIC has been automated through Koba Software (open source software and digitalized using D-Space). Partially air-conditioned library can accommodate 110 users ata time.
- Online Journal Database : Institute has rich database of following online journals:
Entrepreneurial Studies Source is an essential database for business students and researchers, providing the latest insights on entrepreneurship and small businesses topics. It offers full-text business journals , magazines, reference books, case studies and company profiles.
- Research Databases and Web portals : Institute has been subscribing the following online databases to strengthen institute’sresearch outputs :
- Crisil Research Services provides resource for data, information, analysis and outlook on the economy and across 87 industries with an understanding of the macro-economy and extensive sector coverage. It provides insights on micro-macro and cross-sectoral linkages.
- Prowess Database (by Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy) contains a highly normalized database on over 17000 companies. The database is complemented with powerful analytical software tools to enable extensive querying and research.
- CapEx is a database about the current investment projects in India that would create productive capacities in the future. It is a database of investment projects that involve the setting up of new capacities – about the announcement of such projects, their implementation and their final culmination into new capacities.
- Indiastat.com provides an oceanic depth of India-specific socio-economic statistical facts and figures.
- Turnitin tool for K-12 and higher education that improve writing and prevent plagiarism. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity, and help students become better writers.
- MICA Indian Marketing Intelligence (MIMI) provides the secondary data for socio economic variables and market intelligence up to district level for all the Statesand Union Territories oflndia.